Get out of town

Get out of town

Friday, July 11, 2014

I'm on the top of the world...

The Cartpenters had a song "Top of the World" with lyrics:

Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in most every thing I see 
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes 
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream
Everything I want the world to be 

Is now comin' true especially for me 
And the reason is clear, it's because you are here 
You're the nearest thing to Heaven that I've seen
I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation 

And the only explanation I can find 
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around 
Your love's put me at the top of the world

Sunrise at Mushroom Farm, overlooking Lake Malawi, near Livingstonia.
The view from Mushroom Farm, on a mountain overlooking Lake Malawi. We woke to the sun peeking through the flap of the safari tent that did not quite close. Daniel opened the tent so we could see better and this was our view. It was breathtaking. Then he left saying he had to use the restroom and came back and started in on this big speech...which I had requested if he ever decided to propose...and then he asked me to marry him. It was perfect and completely unplanned, as he said he had planned to ask me when we were on Mumbi Island in the middle of Lake Malawi in a few days. I don't even mind that he wanted a photo before I'd had a chance to shower. Just concentrate on the ring when looking at that photo!

He put a ring on it!

Later in the morning we brought the young women, Chilean doctors, that we carried up the hill to Mushroom Farm, with us to Nkata Bay some 200+ kilometers further south on the shore of Lake Malawi. We are uploading our blogs and sharing our good news before heading down the shoreline a bit further to Kande, where we think we might actually camp for the first time...but it all depends on what time we arrive and what we find for accommodations. This is the first night that we really don't have a plan for accommodations. 

Thank you for all your warm wishes on Facebook!






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you two. Happy for you and wish you just the best for the future. The view is breathtaking, beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ... look up the words of the song CONGRATULATIONS by that old man from England - now what's his name? (another old man having a senior moment) Cliff Richards? - and have him say what I have in mind.... We'll drink on it when you get in Potchefstroom!!!

    ReplyDelete